Thursday, November 8, 2012

Update Living In Alaska!!!


 So me and my son recently joined my husband in Fort Richardson, Alaska. The plane trip was very very long! The day before I didn't get any sleep I was to busy finishing up packing boxes and our luggage. Everything had to be ready for when the movers go to get our stuff from old place. It was EXTREMELY stressful to say the least.  I pretty much spent my whole day on the plane or at the airport.. but since Alaska is four hours behind Ohio my day was even LONGER. No jet lag thank goodness. The weather here is definitely cold to say the least, especially when the wind gets going. We are currently living in a hotel off base now, until November 28th when we move into OUR HOUSE!!!! I am very very excited to finally get settled in and have a place to call home! :) The mountains here are beautiful!! Its like looking at the cover of a nature magazine. There are a few things I would like to see in Alaska but haven't I mean I have 3years to do so. 1.) See the Northern Lights 2.) see a moose 3.) Build an Igloo.
I mean I HAVE ALWAYS wanted to see The Northern Lights and now that is possible, just have to find a place that the street lights/lamps and what not don't cover them up!

 We won't be able to have our cat Enzo sent to us because the temperature here is to low so we are thinking of giving him away to a caring/loving home because it would be months till he could get here and he would just be to lonely! :( either way it makes me sad! But we will be buying a new puppy at the end of the month or beginning of December.. I want a Labrador Retriever Puppy (yellow) :D I have already found a few that I am looking into! 


OH, and also I saw an Igloo the other day, we were staying on base in temp lodging but moved to a hotel off base temporarily..but someone built an Igloo outside of the temp lodging!! I was like omg!! I can't believe it, how did they do that?! haa. Anyways here are some pictures!!

OH & a very very very VERY cool thing is they have an ICE SKATING RINK INSIDE THE DIMOND MALL I mean?! COOL!!!! I've never seen that before! 
I saw in the newspaper people ice skating on local ponds and lakes! I mean i need to do some of that!!! My son would most def enjoy that!



 My Son sleeping at the airport with his Panda Pillow Pet
 Playing in the snow!
 View of Mountains From temp lodging on base
 Mountains
The weather on Monday
 view of the Mountains From the plane (way up in the sky)
 Awesome Igloo someone built!
Moose display! they have these everywhere!
 ICE SKATING RINK THEY HAVE INSIDE THE DIMOND MALL

 My son was DJ Lance from Yo Gabba Gabba for Halloween this year!

Has anyone ever been to ALaska?

Love & Lipstick, Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. he is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nd Yo Gabbaa Gabba is the best. Do u hear how they ALWAYS drop the beat when they name the "Party i my tummy" foods? SWAG

    ReplyDelete