Monday, July 2, 2012

Make It Monday: Ombre Dip-Dyed Shorts



For this I just got some dye from the store I used Tulip's Dye in Teal. Filled a bowl with hot HOT water and 1/4 cup salt, then I would pour a little of the powder in the bowl mix it up and dunk the whole pair of shorts in the bowl. Then I would take them out put a little more powder in, then dunk the shorts in again but this time leaving a bit of the shorts out, then I would repeat every time I add more powder in I would leave a bit more of the shorts out! then I ringed them out and laid them out to dry on a trash bag outside! I let them sit all day/night and then next day I washed the shorts in warm/cold water WITHOUT the detergent! & there yah go you have a new pair of shorts for the summer! 

I am just in LOVE with these shorts and the color!!




Love & Lipstick, Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment