Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Who loves a good Cowboy? I know I do. BUT that might not be the case for Urban Decays Cowboy Junkie Set

So I was browsing around on the Urban Decay Cosmetics Site and I came across this palette called Midnight Cowboy. Included in this palette are four eyeshadows(Midnight Cowboy, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Midnight Cowgirl & Romp), 1 lip junkie lipgloss(Midnight Cowboy), and 1 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil(Whiskey). 


When I saw this palette I was like "Gideeeee-Up Cowboy?!"  the mix of the four eyeshadows would make for a gorgeous look, throw in the lip junkie and Glide-On Eye pencil and you got yourself a HoeDown(just in the spirit of this whole Cowboy Theme).


I just loved the color of all four eye shadows and I couldn't wait to swipe my eye brush in that pan and applying it to my eye lid like whip cream on pumpkin pie (haaaa).  When I recieved this palette I was really impressed with the design of the palette/set but then again I EXPECT it because Urban Decay always delievers on cute & creative palette looks. This did not disappoint in that area, but alas when I got to the eye shadows sadness swept across my face. 



The first three eye shadows: Midnight Cowboy, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, & Midnight Cowgirl were/are very difficult to work with the description says "packed with shimmer" that is a major understatement at its best. Those 3 eye shadows are packed and mainly composed of glitter, the color pay off is weak and these 3 eye shadows apply very uneven. It took me quite a bit to try and get atleast a decent product swatch.. This was my first Urban Decay purchase that I was disappointed in, solely because those eyeshadows were what I was most looking forward to!


Of course the last eyeshadow Romp oh boyyyy! this color is so beautiful its a deep purple. Its very pigmented and makes me want to "romp" whatever that may be. The Glide-On Eye Pencil of course never disappoints but I already have about a gazillion Whiskey Glide-On Eye Pencils. But you can never have to much of one thing! The lip junkie is just as amazing as all their other lip junkie lip glosses, it is quite shimmery but not overwhelming its a nice subtle everyday/night lipgloss. The color for Midnight Cowboy Lip Junkie is a very light peach, and of course it smells like peppermint patty heaven!!!! 


If you have been looking at this palette but hesitating, its for good reason. If you like alot of glitter aDnd an uncontrollable amount of glitter fallout every which way I say go for it. The only eye shadow I would purchase again or that would be worth it is Romp. The time it takes to apply this eyeshadow to get so much as a hint of the actual color shown in the pan, and time it takes to clean up all the glitter is not worth the $38.00 US it costs!
This was a definite miss for me, and it sadness me to say so I LOVE Urban Decay Cosmetics!







 Glide-On 24/7 Eye Pencil in Whiskey

Lip junkie Lipgloss in Midnight Cowboy

Icy Peachy color with glitter

From Top to Bottom: Midnight CowBoy, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Midnight CowGirl & Romp









If you want to check out the set/palette for yourself just click --> CowBoy Junkie Set

Do you have any experience with these eye shadows? Did you find a way to beat the glitter mayhem it entails? 




Love & Lipstick, Alyssa


PS Urban Decay is Having a Friends and Family Sale 25% off purchase NOT valid on Naked Palette. Im not sure how long it last so if theres something you have been itching to buy from Urban Decay Cosmetics I SAY GO SCRATCH THAT NOW. take full advantage of this sale! 


CODE to USE is : FFSUMMER11      


PS it is case sensitive so use all caps for it to work correctly!

No comments:

Post a Comment